You do not have to provide your personal information to us but, if you do not provide the information requested, we will not be able to provide you with our services.
The personal information TAXI collects
The personal information which we collect and hold generally includes your name, contact details (such as your phone number and email address) and we use location details as generated by your mobile device. We will also collect and retain details of your bookings including the pickup address and destination. However, we may also collect and hold certain sensitive information related to the provision of our services, including if you require a wheelchair accessible taxi.
How TAXI collects personal information
We generally only collect your personal information if you choose to provide your details directly to us, for example, via TAXI's App.
We also automatically collect certain information when you use TAXI's App. We use this information on anonymous basis and do not use it to personally identify you unless required to do so by law.
The purposes for which TAXI collects, holds and uses personal information
We collect, hold and use personal information for the purposes for which it was provided to us (which will normally be obvious at the time TAXI collects it), other related purposes or as permitted or required by law. Such purposes may include:
How TAXI discloses personal information
- providing your details to taxi service providers in order to procure a taxi for you;
- maintaining your profile, favourites and booking details on our server so that you do not need to re-enter data if you need to re-install TAXI's App;
- presenting advertisements, special offers and promotions to you via push notifications or via SMS if you have consented to receiving such;
- responding to your enquiries;
- forecasting future needs of our services and for general quality assurance and training purposes; and
- any other purposes identified at the time of collecting your information.
- We will only use your sensitive information for the purposes for which it was collected, the purposes listed above, as required or permitted by law or purposes to which you otherwise consent.
Any personal information you provide to us may be disclosed, if appropriate, to other entities in order to facilitate the purpose for which the information was collected. Such entities generally include:
Security of personal information
- third party taxi service providers so they can provide you with the taxi services you have requested;
- taxi dispatch system providers; and
- any other entities identified at the time of collecting your information or to which we are legally required to disclose your personal information.
- We will only disclose your sensitive information for the purposes for which it was collected and as noted above or as required or permitted by law.
We take reasonable steps (including any measure required by law) to ensure your personal information is protected from loss, misuse, interference and from unauthorised access, alteration or disclosure.
However, data protection and security measures are never completely secure and, despite the measures we have put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You must take care to protect your personal information (for example, by protecting any usernames and passwords). You should also notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breaches.
Accuracy, access and correction
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect and hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes to your personal information to help us maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date information.
We will, on request, provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you unless otherwise required or permitted by law. We will notify you of the basis for any denial of access to your personal information.
To request access to your personal information or to update or correct your personal information, please contact us via the contact details provided below.
How to make a complaint
We will refer your complaint to our Privacy Officer who will investigate the issue and determine the steps (if any) that we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation. If you are not satisfied with our determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or contact to the Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
How to contact TAXI
Attn: The Privacy Officer
Taxi Pty Ltd
PO Box 3286
Rouse Hill NSW 2155
Ph: 1800 067 010
Fax: 1300 889 735